Home » Server Options » RAC & Failsafe » How to prevent connections to a specific node in RAC? (Oracle Grid 11.2.0.4)
How to prevent connections to a specific node in RAC? [message #686541] Wed, 05 October 2022 15:48 Go to next message
piripicchio
Dear all,
I came across an unusual request from a client: they need to release a server, so they're planning to remove a node from a cluster of several databases, and of course they'd want to do it without (or with minimal) service disruption and effort; since every night their middleware re-establishes all connections (I have no idea why Very Happy), they thought they could achieve their objective by disallowing new connections to the node to be removed just a couple of days before. The problem is that there aren't services configured in crs and the applications use mostly the default service (dbname) to connect so I can't adjust their list of servers (preferred or serverpool); I was also thinking about enabling restricted session but seems that crs is unaware so it still redirects some connection to the restricted instance throwing an error. So my guess is simply that it can't be done as they'd want. Am I right? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

[Updated on: Wed, 05 October 2022 15:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How to prevent connections to a specific node in RAC? [message #686542 is a reply to message #686541] Thu, 06 October 2022 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Watson
You could set the instance's remote_listener parameter so that it won't register with the SCAN listeners. That will stop them from sending any new connectons.
Re: How to prevent connections to a specific node in RAC? [message #686544 is a reply to message #686542] Thu, 06 October 2022 12:51 Go to previous message
piripicchio
Thank you so much John, you saved my day!
Previous Topic: SCAN Listener redirecting to wrong Local listener port
Next Topic: GNS/DBS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:14:20 CDT 2024