Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » WebCenter Suite & Portal » 9i Portal: Certificate Signing Request
9i Portal: Certificate Signing Request [message #77519] Mon, 20 December 2004 10:56 Go to next message
Eric G.
Does anyone have notes or procedures to generate a CSR from an Apache web server in order to submit to Verisign? If YES, my Solaris administrator would appreciate it, because the documentation on Metalink is not so helpful. We're on release 11.5.8 with RDBMS 8.1.7.4 and Discoverer 9i. We're rolling out Oracle 9i Portal to make pre-cached Discoverer queries available to the Internet. We're trying to do this using SSL for security purposes.
Re: 9i Portal: Certificate Signing Request [message #346062 is a reply to message #77519] Fri, 05 September 2008 15:54 Go to previous message
ediedrich
try with the package openssl compatible with apache mod_ssl.

openssl req -config D:\openssl\openssl.cnf –new –out D:\openssl\newcerts\ca.csr –keyout D:\openssl\private\ca.key

This command creates the certificate request (csr) and generates a passphrase-protected private key. Remember this passphrase as you'll need it to sign the server, email, and object-signing certificates.

But I think It´s more convenient to use OWM (Oracle Wallet Manager).

In the first cases you'll obtain and csr file D:\openssl\newcerts\ca.csr.
Usign OWM you have to fill the same entry data and then select
BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST
-----
---
END CERTIFICATE REQUEST
Select all, copy, go to verisign.com, follow the steps and paste the content into the frame.
Then you'll receive via mail the content of your certificate
BEGIN CERTIFICATE
-*---
--/--
END CERTIFICATE
Select the portion, and paste into a blank archive. rename as server.crt,
later you can import this file into the wallet you have created with OWM.
Previous Topic: Portal DADs
Next Topic: RSS feed on oracle portal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 05:06:37 CDT 2024